Saturday, December 27, 2014

Twin bed frame becomes bench!

I've had this twin bed frame in my basement for a while now:

 
 I wasn't quite sure why I was holding on to it.  Now I'm glad I did.  It has become a pretty little bench:


Here's how I did it...

Step 1 - Cut the foot board down the middle.  I used a jig saw and it worked just fine.  I also inserted 4 pocket holes using my Kreg Jig to each half of the foot board.

 
Step 2 - Attach each halved foot board to the head board and add supports for bench boards.

 
 
Step 3 - Cut boards to size for bench seat.
 


Step 4 - Paint with Chalk Paint and distress as desired.  I then applied furniture wax and attached stained and sealed bench boards.  I forgot to take interim pictures...was too excited.  But here are some pictures of the finished product.



 
~Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment